The Ambrosian Hymn: The following hymn may be chanted or recited by two choirs,
The following hymn may be chanted or recited by two choirs,
1. We praise Thee, O God; * we acclaim Thee Lord and Master.
2. Everlasting Father, * all the world bows down before Thee.
1. All the Angels sing Thy praise, * the hosts of heaven and all the angelic powers;
2. All the Cherubim and Seraphim * call out to Thee in unending chorus:
1. "Holy * is the Lord God of Angel hosts!"
2. The heavens and the earth are filled, Lord, * with Thy majesty and glory.
1. Thy praises are sung * by the renowned Apostles;
2. By all the prophets, * who themselves deserve our praise;
1. By that mighty white-robed army * who shed their blood for Christ.
2. And to the ends of the earth * the holy Church proclaims her faith in Thee:
1. Father, * whose majesty is boundless;
2. Thine only Son, * who is true God, and who is to be adored;
1. The Holy Ghost, * sent to be our Advocate.
2. O Christ, * the King of glory!
1. Thou alone art the Father's eternal Son.
2. When Thou wert to become man, so as to save mankind, * Thou didst not shrink back from the chaste Virgin's womb.
1. When Thou triumphantly destroyed death's sting, Thou opened up to believers the kingdom of heaven.
2. Thou art now enthroned at God's right hand, * in the Father's glory.
1. We believe * that Thou wilt come for judgement.
2. We therefore implore Thee to grant Thy servants grace and aid, * for Thou
didst shed Thy Precious Blood for their redemption.
1. Admit them all to the ranks of Thy saints * in everlasting glory.
2. Be the Savior of Thy faithful people, O Lord; * grant them Thy blessing, for they belong to Thee.
1. Be their Shepherd, Lord, * uphold and exalt them forever and ever.
2. Day by day we praise Thee, * daily we acclaim Thee.
1. We will confess and glorify Thy holy Name, * now and for all eternity.
2. In Thy great mercy, Lord, throughout this day * keep us free from sin by Thy protection.
1. Have mercy on us, we humbly pray; * Lord have mercy on us.
2. May Thy mercy, Lord, Thy loving kindness, always remain with us; * for we have placed our confidence in Thee.
1. In Thee alone, Lord, I have hoped; * may I not be disappointed.
[V] Let us bless the Father and the Son together with the Holy Ghost
[R] Let us praise Them and exalt Them above all forever.
[V] Blessed be the Lord in the firmament of heaven.
[R] And praised, and glorified, and exalted above all forever.
[V] O Lord, hear my prayer.
[R] And let my cry come unto Thee
[C:] The Lord be with you.
[P:] And with Thy spirit.
[C:]Let us pray: O God, Whose mercies are beyond number and of Whose goodness there is an infinite treasure, we give thanks to Thy sovereign Majesty for the gifts Thou hast bestowed upon us, and beg for Thy continued clemency, that as Thou grantest the petitions of those who ask Thee, Thou wilt never forsake them, but will prepare them for the reward to come. Through Christ our Lord.